Saturday, February 28, 2015

Protein Packed Spinach Salad

Sometimes after a long day I just want a quick, flavor packed meal. As I have started to shop for healthier options I've expanded my palate and have fallen in love with beets! I absolutely love putting beets in salads. Those Greek's really got it right with their salad prep. Tonight, I threw together an amazing, protein packed salad and even pushed my flavor envelope and included cooked lentils!

There was no real measuring when it came to this salad but I included spinach, beets, lentils, edamame and low-fat feta cheese. I topped it with balsamic glaze, a little olive oil and black pepper. It was super delicious and filling. Each bite had the perfect mix of crunch, tang and creaminess. This will definitely be a new go-to salad for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment